This statement explains how Freshlook Engineering & Products ltd function as a business with the intention of reducing impact on the environment. We are committed to providing our partners a comprehensive range of sheet metal fabrication and solutions that are reliable, affordable and environmentally friendly.
Freshlook Engineering & Products Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improve our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
- To comply with and endeavour to exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually endeavour to reduce environmental impacts
- To incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase employee awareness and training.
Waste is dealt with in the priority order of:
- Preparing for re-use
- Other recovery (for example, energy recovery)
- Endeavour to minimise waste sent to landfill
- Use registered Waste Carriers
- Recycle metals, plastics, cardboard and paper
- Recycle other materials, equipment and machines where possible
- Minimise the use of paper in the office
- Reduce packaging as much as possible
- Endeavour to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We endeavour to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use
- Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products is taken into account when purchasing.
- Evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase
- Seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products
- Reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- Endeavour to reduce the need to travel, restricting to only necessary and essential trips for collecting and delivering to our customers or suppliers
- Promote the use of travel alternatives to reduce carbon emissions by using e-mail or video and phone conferencing
- Endeavour to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials are as environmentally friendly as possible
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible
- We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- Involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance
- Update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary
- Provide staff with relevant environmental training
- Work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance
- Use local labour and materials where available to reduce C02 and help the community.
Freshlook Engineering & Products Ltd recognise the importance of sustainable environmental protection and is pro-active in complying with environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice.
Is there anything on here you’d like to discuss?
Contact us, we’re here, your Partners in Production
We offer complete production services
Click the service you’d like to read more about